Visions of Heaven

Monday, September 16, 2013

Negro, where ya been?

Where have I been? I ask that of myself all the time. Life feels like a time warp that you fly through and other days it feels like a DJ Screw tape, slowed and chopped. Regardless, I have been just laying in the cut. I have written pieces but I decided to let them wallow in the saving file. Perhaps some of them will see the light of day, but I am not sure. I have an abundance of material but decided against publishing it because I felt some of work was incomplete. Some offerings need more and others need less. Yes, I am a bit off but hey such is life for a brotha. So what's up? Well, I just celebrated another birthday. That was cooler than penguin's beak. Life is pretty good. It isn't perfect, (when is it ever) but it is pretty doggone good. Work is work and I am on vacation starting today so that is always peace with me. I am working on some pieces this week. A play and a skit for church programs upcoming and trying to lock down the new book I am starting. Writing takes time, and it takes patience. Sometimes, I would be honest and say I don't have but God is showing me.

No comments: