Visions of Heaven

Saturday, August 29, 2009

How I feel these days


This past year has been bitter sweet.
I was on my feet only to lose my seat.
Made some strides
and mistakes I wish I could hide.
My pride took a dive inside.
Even as a glide
in these city streets,
chunking the deuce
I tasted success and defeat.
When you gain much
sometimes you can lose touch.
With what made you real.
And people love what you do,
but all and still.
You feel empty.
Life is like an old Gerald Levert song,
I would do anything for love
even if means doing wrong.
But the pathway is straight,
so I try to stay straight.
Yet I confess sometimes I hate to wait.
When the rain pours outside,
and there's no one to hug you in the storm.
Sometimes I wish I could change my form.
To be invisible like Claudine's son.
I could just hide and run from,
the pains of being lonely and all it brings.
I been divorced for two years
and I just finally threw away my old wedding ring.
I'd be lying if I told you I still didnt feel the sting.
Yet when the night sky is lit,
you can catch me in the drop top meditating over all of it.
Just glad to be alive,
cause I thought about suicide many days.
When the world gets crazy,
I just think about my baby.
She needs daddy to be strong.
She needs daddy to be around long.
So I just put away the sad songs.
Yet, sometimes I do get down.
These days, hell im just glad to be around.


Richard J Wright (2009)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this and can relate to much of what you said here.