Visions of Heaven

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Was Truly

Dear So and So,

Its funny how times turns into memories.
Wonder if ever you ever remember me.
Had to admit that you leaving hurt me to the core.
But when i heard you got married my heart hit the floor.
Knew I should have closed that door long time ago.
But I left it open for you to walk through,
and what did you do?
Left me shook with the blues.
I thought about it day after day.
You had to have it your way.
So I wish you well and pray your marriage dont fail.
I had to blaze a trail
one full of fears and so many tears.
But one thing I didnt know at first,
it could have ended much worse.

But now I see the sunshine,
and things are fine.
I was in a hole but I climbed out.
Chose another route.
No more pain and hurt no longer
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Now im on some Herculean hostility.
I got my swag plus God-given abilities.

Now you can catch me in the drop top,
with the deuce in the air.
Love is hard but I know its fair.
I dont care how much you miss my daughter,
she dont need you,
she got her father.
So dont bother asking how we doing.
We lounging in a three story townhome,
God got us, so you can really just go on.

I watched God mend my heart
in the midst of the storm.
I watched God and His marvelous work performed.
Now the phone rings off the hook.
Ladies looking to pick up the one you left and shook.
But I just take my time and chill.
No rush to get hitched thats just how I feel.
Cause the grass aint greener,
it just have more weeds
and its gonna take everything you got,
to tend to its needs.
It all looks good on the surface.
But you cant tell me that for one second you aint nervous.

As for me, I hold my head.
Keep my focus and get this bread.
My eyes have bled
for the last time.
If you need to hear it again,
me and Ash are fine.
So your phone calls will go unanswered.
You chose your space,
and now its all up to fate.
As for me, I will serve the LORD.
Keep my humility and be restored.

So I say adieu for the last time.
I'll be in the H on my grind.
I aint hard to find but dont look this way.
Stay right there cause you have been took,
thats all I can say.

Sincerely,
Was Truly.

No comments: