Visions of Heaven

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I bless the LORD for allowing me to have my mother all this time. It has been a blessing indeed. On this day however, its bitter sweet around my way. My daughter Ashley, has not seen her mother in over eight years. Therefore, I share my mother with her. As a single father, I cannot tell you how hard it is. Sometimes, I will be honest, the hardest part isnt the work, its the understanding. Last night she made her grandmother a card that was beautiful. I couldnt help but to think how much my child's mother has missed out. She is an incredible child, full of love and wisdom for her age. As her father, I would not dare minimize the role a mother plays, nor will I demean her biological mother. Instead I will celebrate this day with the notion that life would be a little colder without mothers. Unfortunately, my daughter knows this too well. God bless the mothers of this world, physical and spiritual.

No comments: