Visions of Heaven

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Exiling the 'R' Word

Relationships.

In and of themselves, they are can be fulfilling and even great. Yet, they can be darker than the ring around the collar a two day old shirt.

I went to a singles BBQ that the singles ministry was having at my church. Except for one problem, married folk was there. (just like folks to not stay inside the lines) Anyhoo. Somebody mentioned the word men at the domino table, which yours truly was holding court of course. I interrupted the comment and said that they shall be no talk of men and women at this table. Too much estrogen and testosterone start mixing ideas and WORLD WAR III erupts. I wasn't going to let that get in the way of my trash talking, bone slamming, conquest of the game. (first game, I wound up getting up because it became 3 on 1, but I did get back on the board and won 2 games, take that #diddydance)

In relationships, there is a dirty word that people do not like to deal with and that word is expectations. When we dont meet people expectations, we tend to become disgruntled and just flat out disappointed. I have a friend who I had considerable interest in, but I haven't been sure its something I really would pursue in a deeper way. However, a situation arose where I do believe she has exiled herself to the dungeon of plutonica, TRANSLATION (i will check upon you from time to time and see how you doing, maybe do lunch, dutch of course, but that all folks). Now truth be told, I probably made my mind up about that a lot sooner than later regarding her. She just didn't help her case.




My friend and I are always talking about how it sucks to be single. Yet, we become disillusioned by the dating process altogether. We talk about how we are going to let God choose our mates. Yet, that hasnt stopped from trying to help God. I know He is just shaking His head at us. We are a hot mess. Truthfully, we just want the magic of love. That feeling and life that God gives a man and a woman. We just want to be happy with someone and want someone to happy with us. Even in our issues and problems, selfishly we want to be accepted. Because when you are trying to get yourself together, seeing couples hugging and holding hands can be sweet or sickening. Either way, we just want love.






I tweeted today about meeting a woman this morning, courting her this afternoon and proposing to her this evening and marrying her tonight. Sounds like a movie script. I will sue you if you try to make a movie. I have the tweet! (take that #diddydanceagain) Anyway, we just want that magic that God gives a couple when they are in love. Nice conversations, big hugs, sweet kisses, comforting words. Is that asking too much? I dont think so. I even write little notes to my future wife. Its just a small showing of my faith that she will come eventually. I believe it before I see it. I get discouraged but I try to keep my head up.

I will put the R word on hold. Im just tired of talking about it for now. I decided to blog about it, so I could be done with it. Maybe God will do something awesome for me regarding my desire to with someone. Until then, in the infamous words of Donald Trump "R word you're fired!"

No comments: