Visions of Heaven

Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Man's Heart

A man's heart is seldom revealed, for his world consists of many things concealed. Whether its anger hidden in teardrops or pain for respect and props. He will not share with you, even when you desire him to. For a man must have thick skin to hold a tender heart. Otherwise the people in his life, might be tempted to rip it apart. So you are spoon fed pieces of a man. A sort of incompleteness with no room to expand. You plead with him to share his heart because perhaps you might have shared yours. You constantly try to peek behind the mask. You so often find yourself the last. So I will share mine with this one thought in mind. You do not know me so you do not have to be kind. You can ridicule or disrespect, yet you cannot puncture what has been concealed to protect. For my dreams and motives desires and ambitions lead me to strange shores producing curious predispositions. I live, I love, I learn, I laugh, and I cry just like you but perhaps not in words I could reply. Instead study my eyes and peek into my soul. They are not wells of pain masked in glares so cold. If you smile at me, I smile at you. Frown at me and this is what I do too. I could hide behind pride, but that would be a lie. So instead trying to see, what you want to see. See life for what it is and be free. For I will love if I am allowed to. For I have to pay like you what is due. Just hold the moment grasp it in the palms of your hands. Do not wish for more than you really can stand. Take it for what it’s worth and learn to love a man. For his heart is like yours if you take the time apart, to learn the worth of one man's heart. Richard J Wright

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Spoon fed pieces of a man.........sigh

Unknown said...

Love it! ! !