Visions of Heaven

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dating, Friends, and your Kids

Recently I fell out of favor with a woman I was dating. The trouble is, I brought this woman into my child's life. She has done a number of things for her, buying gifts, spending time with her on outings, etc. Now, she's M.I.A. One thing that is a messed situation is to put people in the lives of your children only to see them disappear because you and the other person no longer see each other. What do you do? I had to explain to my child that sometimes people do not last in your life but does it have to be that way with kids. Its better if your children dont even meet someone your dating. While I have the kind of kid that wont say anything bad about a person. I realize that I could have caused a kind of disturbance by bringing her into our lives. While I do believe in my heart of hearts that my child isnt really affected by this. I have to wonder truly if that is really the case. My child's mother left her. My child's step mom moved to another city. Now here is someone who was around for a while only to exit out the picture.

I have decided that this cannot happen again. I will not introduce my daughter to the next woman until I am fully involved in a committed relationship. In hindsight, it was premature on my part. The woman was very cordial towards my daughter and they seem to get along great. I trusted my daughter around her and she hasnt done anything wrong in regards to my child but I do know that its not a good thing for people to fall in and out of people's lives. At this point, I am just pissed about the whole ordeal. Sad part about it, I dont think the woman even has stopped to think about the positive influence she was to my daughter. Instead she has allowed her own selfish ambitions and mindset to rule the day. Neva again.

No comments: