Visions of Heaven

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day... a reflection.


Tommorow is father's day. Hmmm. How do I feel about this holiday? I have mixed feelings about it. I love my father and it will be good to see him tommorow. Other than that, I really don't feel it. Perhaps its because being a father myself is kind of subjective in nature. I like being a father. I have a daughter who is 13. I have step-children through my former marriage. So fatherhood is cool. I know some make a big deal and it is. I guess Im just taking it all in. I will get a card perhaps. Who knows. I guess like any holiday, it is better with the people you love. I will try my best to be in good spirits. I just dont make a big deal about it. After all, its a position of great importance but society has down played its significance. Im sure I will get a text or two from people but sometimes as a father, we just want to be appreciated. You work hard. You provide. You protect. You live. So for all the fathers out there, enjoy the day. You are worth so much more than a day. Yet, its a small token of appreciation for the labor and love you give. I feel your struggle. God bless you.

No comments: