Visions of Heaven

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

There Is a Blues


There is a blues when I wake early in the morning.

There is a blues when I sit up late night yawning.

There is a blues I remember caked with tears for frosting.

There is a blues I recall,

that June afternoon

facing nothing but an empty wall.

There is a blues I believe when I open my e-mail and recieve,

rejection letter after rejection letter.

There is a blues I see when there is no one saying,

"its gonna get better".

There is blues when no one believes how you believe.

There is blues when you cant recieve

what some think is easy to retrieve.

I spend lonely days and painful nights

trying to complete a symphony,

when the notes have gone on hiatus.

And I find no solace in the latest,

gadget, toy, trending topic, and tweet.

There is blues even in the pound cake you think is sweet.

I surmise that from each sunset to each sunrise,

there will always be a blues in my life.



Richard J Wright (2011)

No comments: