Visions of Heaven

Friday, May 20, 2011

What I have Learned


In life, especially daily life it is a bonus if you learn something. Folks always saying "you learn something new everyday". Truth is, some of the stuff we learn isnt always worth knowing or learning. Yet, when a watershed moment comes, its precious.

In life, my life, I have learned that people are only faithful to whatever it is they believe in. Whether it is religion, politics, or people in general. It bothers me at times when I yearn to be taken seriously. Sometimes, life reminds you that people are just into themselves or things that are perhaps better in focusing on.

I am dating a young lady, someone who I really like. She is smart, funny, and cool. When I look at all the pain I have encounted through heartbreak, I realize that all of it was for this lesson. This moment. This situation. Will it yield fruit? Hard to say. However, we do talk future speak. Thats always a good thing.

So what is it that I have learned really? Well, I have learned to not let it be about me. Life needs to be about people. People need to see the mercy of God. We live a merciless society. Love needs to respond to fear and hate. My owb desires to be appreciated and affirmed, are rooted in not serving my self but others.

No comments: