Visions of Heaven

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Evolution of a Dime



This is dedicated to my homie. My friend since elementary school.
She always has been a swan but the swan is full grown and sexy. lol


I remember when you was a wise cracking silly girl,
you was just a seedling that became a pearl.
Saw many that came through your world.
Little did they know your wings would unfurl.
Now your beauty stands so far out.
I even ask myself "whats that about?"

We remain friends throughout the years.
Went through our share of laughs and tears.
Lost touch but fate brought us together
and our friendship has bared all the weather.
I love you so much even from our humble beginnings.
Lockgate and Murr Way and those long bus rides to Lanier.
You are more than just a peer.
Lord knows we have seen more than our share of tears.

You always have a place in my heart.
Its been that way since the middle school parts.
High School, college, and beyond.
Babies occupy our lives and on.
I am so glad that life has been kind to you.
But your beauty pales when it comes to the real you.
I thank God that u have been apart of my life.
In a perfect world, I should have made me you my wife.

You are smart, full of heart.
Crazy as ever.
Let you fall, if its up to me.
Never.
I saw a pearl become a diamond right before my eyes.
The man that finds you will no doubt earn a grand prize.


Richard J Wright (2010)

1 comment:

Tboo1015 said...

wow! What an awesome show of love!!!!