Visions of Heaven

Monday, July 12, 2010

The need for prayer...


I am convinced more than ever that everyone despite their status or situations need prayer. I talked with a friend this morning and we were discussing the situation involving Mel Gibson. Mel apparently went on a rant and used the N word. I suggested that the brother needs prayer and my friend disagreed. She felt that he needed to be confronted. While I do believe that he needs to be confronted on a certain level, I am not one to think that prayer is not out of the question. This man, produced an awesome protrayal of Christ in his movie, the Passion of Christ. God used him mightly and for anyone to think otherwise is just plain foolish. Mel has his demons, as most of us do. Why wouldnt we want to pray for him? Rebuke maybe in order, but prayer has to also be on the short list.

I had a conversation with another friend that left me stunned. She has gone through a number of things and I have tried to encourage her along the way. Strange enough the situation she found herself in was unfortunate and we talked about how God can and will restore her. However, the tail end of the conversation turned very carnal as she admitted that she would go through the same thing again because of the results it yielded her. I immediately got of the phone and then went and prayed and asked God to help her.

We all fall short and we all sin. We all mess up. Thats a given but I do know that the answer to many of our trials and stumbles lies right at the foot of prayer. Otherwise, all of our spirits will be vexed. We all need to pray. Its as simple as that because without the mercy of God, where will any of us be?

No comments: