Visions of Heaven

Monday, July 26, 2010

An Open Letter to President Barrack Obama from one Black Man to Another...


Dear Mr. President,

I want to just send this letter of appreciation and concern to you. I know its a hard job you are doing. I realize that your hands are full and you have the weight of the free world upon your shoulders. I salute you brother.

Now speaking to you, I want you to know that I am not only speaking the head of the free world but I am also speaking to you as your brother. I want you to know that I am a little worried about you. Let me explain. I know all day long, the conservatives and those cowards on FOX News are giving you and the democratic party the blues. Pay them no never mind. Do your job, brother. That is all I can expect of you. Some have written you off already and do not think you will earn a second term. Personally speaking I don't think that is the case. Stay strong.

I know some of our people are being very critical of you and your adminstration. While I don't agree with everything you and your administration is doing, I would like to say that you still have my support.

I see the bumper stickers and signs people are displaying showing their displeasure of you. It down right upsets me. However, I realize that it is apart of our freedom of speech and expression. While I understand your position as the president, I want you to know that your people do love you. You must be the president to all Americans. I get that. However, make no mistake about it sir, we in our community look to you for inspiration and affirmation.

I just want to say, brother we love you. I know you probably hear it all the time. You probably wont even see this letter, but I want you to know from one Black man to another, I am proud of you. Too often we do not salute people or give them their flowers in a timely fashion. I just want to say, march on. We have your back. In the immortal words of Willie Hutch, "Brothers gonna work it out".

Sincerely,

Richard J Wright

P.S. Hug Michelle and the babies. Go Black man go!

No comments: