Visions of Heaven

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Pulling


We are living in interesting times. God is up to something clearly. He is allowing things to be exposed. There was a time whenever somebody in the church did something, it could be covered up or worked over in regards to damage control. Well with the internet and technology, as the old saying goes, the jig is up.

Recently a well known pastor, died and the circumstances surrounding his death are peculiar. While I wont go into that situation, we all know of the bishop who was allegedly doing things to young boys. That situation is horrible.

Both of these men, had things pulling at them. The truth is we all do. If we do not deal with our issues privately, they can unfortunately become public. While I realize that we are all human, make no mistake. As Christians, we are held to a high standard. Therefore, we cannot use the human excuse. We have to fight our temptations instead of inviting them. I am guilty of this myself. I realize that there are things inside of me that are not Godly and I need to constantly work on making sure these things in my flesh do not rule my life. We all have something pulling at us. If we say we don't, then we are lying.

No comments: