Visions of Heaven

Monday, September 14, 2009

Celebration of Life


Wow. God has allowed me to see another year. When I was a young man in my early 20s. I didn't think that I would see my 30s. In my 30s, I didn't think I would see my 40s. Yet, here I am 42 years young. When life is filled with many dangers and traps, you have a weird sense of whether or not you will able to escape those dangers and traps. I have battled depression which had led me to consider even suicide. Yet, God kept me going. God helped me get passed all the pain of my life. Life is amazing in the sense that you are not promised tommorow but for most of us, God gives us a tommorow to live for. I just graduated from college with my Master's degree. I have been blessed beyond measure. While it would be nice to have more money, more prestige, etc. I know that the life I do have is wonderful. Today, I dont have anything special planned. No big celebration. No big deal. Yet, inside I feel content to have life. The bible says that the dead know nothing, but it doesnt really speak on what living does know, except that God is in control and He is awesome. To all the people in my life who have wished me a happy birthday or extended their congrats on my accomplishments, I SAY TO ALL OF YOU, THANK YOU. YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME. YOU ARE MY CELEBRATION OF LIFE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos.

What I think is a stark difference between men and women is men don't believe they'll see older age and women fear getting older. That's just one of the things that makes you think.