Visions of Heaven

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A funny thing happened on my way...

This past weekend has been a blast. I cannot complain. Yet, the apex of this weekend happened in an instant. I was at church and we were taking up a collection. I am a deacon, so I handle in part the monies the church takes in. On this particular Sunday, a lady I met a few weeks ago came by at the end of the service. I did not have a pen, so I went to the Admin office to retrieve one. Well, I saw her and let me say that something warm went through my body. Sparks. Butterflies. I dunno. I just know I had not felt that since maybe high school. I spoke briefly with her and then trotted off to get the pen. She exited the church and was on her way to the car. Well, after grabbing the pen. I decided to go outside to see if she was still in the parking lot. Girlfriend must have known something was up because she was still out there at her car. I rushed over to her and asked her for her number, which she happily obliged. Let me say that I am somewhat shy. I dont know the negro who asked for the number, but it was in my hand. I dont want to make too much of it, but its nice to meet someone who gives you butterflies, sparks or whatever it was. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*chuckles*

Glad to hear that ... now I'm going to find that man who makes me feel the same way.