Visions of Heaven

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Real Valentine


After all the gifts,
red hearts and all.
After last piece of candy
and taken off the shelves and walls.
You left alone,
only to find.
Somebody tell me,
what's a real valentine?

I gave some gifts,
I got some hugs,
I got a bill,
and I all I got now is Kanye shrugs.
After its said and done,
Im back to the grind,
still wondering,
what's real valentine?

We give candy, cards, and sex,
yet after its over,
we wonder whats next?
We left perplex,
mind just vexed.
Why does my heart read LOL like a text?
Was it worth it,
I mean all the time,
Cuz im still looking
for a real valentine.

After the well wishes,
dinner and dirty dishes,
Its all suspicious.
It wasnt that delicious.
I guess in retrospect,
Love is something you protect.
Give freely but no trinkets will you collect.
Since God is love,
the rest is just fodder,
try to appreciate it
but everyday it gets harder.
I wipe my eyes,
so wont feel blind.
Yet Im stuck wondering
is there a real valentine?

Christ can only give,
and allows me to live.
He's really the only answer,
Red represents the blood,
and the heart is the spirit.
He's the only way,
I can concieve or hear it.
Jesus gave his life,
just so I could have mine.
I now know
He is really the only real Valentine.

A real Valentine gives love everyday,
its up to us,
to really see it that way.
No holiday and celebration by man
can compare to the excellence
of His divine Hands.

Dear Jesus, thank you.
As long as Im living,
You keep on giving.
Dont let me be driven,
by gifts and enticing smiles.
Let me be motivated by piles,
of love you give to me everyday,
through your word and the encouraging things that people say.
Im glad that I dont have to no longer find,
a reason to love
for you are my real Valentine.


Richard J Wright (2010)

No comments: