Visions of Heaven

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Truth of One's Self


You know life is pretty interesting if you get caught trying to be something your not. Whether its being a baller on a budget, supermom, or whatever. At the end of the day. A person knows truly who they are. You can lie to yourself but you cant lie to yourself too long. Life has a way of showing you yourself through things. However, being a Christian one of the greatest things you learn is that your life is hidden in Christ. What does that mean? Glad you asked.

Now God is not in the business of putting his children to shame. From the outset, some people think that is what it means to be hidden in Christ. However, it is that but its really way more than that. Its your potential that is hidden. The bible talks about how God has plans for us, thoughts of peace, to achieve an expected end. God expects certain things to happen through Him. The trouble comes when we go outside of God's realm of protection. We sin. We struggle. We screw up. If we do not reside under the auspices of His grace.

I am learning this in my life now. I have done some stupid and ignorant things that have brought more misery than pleasure. More discomfort than comfort. I realize that apart from life just "happening" I know I have not made the best of my efforts. Well. Later for all of that.

I am returning to my first love. I am returning to the fold. 100 percent. My pastor counseled me recently and told me something I know came directly from God. To walk into my potential. It is going to take me to go a certain way. That certain way has been be boogeyman. I am scared of it. I am scared of where it will take me. When you have a calling. No matter what you do. The call has been made. I have ignored it far too long. While I do love the LORD, I have struggled to stay faithful. We all struggle quiet as it is kept. However, I am being truthful when I say that for me, I have no choice but to return to the God fully and completely. I have seen the enemy and the enemy stares at me in the mirror. Its time for a change. Time for me to focus on whats important for me and my family. I know what I need to do. I need to change me. And that my friends... is the truth of myself. What's yours?

2 comments:

Anna Renee said...

Wooowww! Thanks Brother for speaking truth! We are nothing without God and can do nothing! My truth is to encourage people wherever I go. Beyond that I'm not so sure and I'm taking baby steps.
God bless!

Richard J Wright said...

As always thanks for the read and I appreciate your response to the question I posed.