Visions of Heaven

Thursday, February 4, 2010

When You are the Good Guy, but not the Right One.


"You're a great guy. I like you a lot. But..."

How many times have I heard those words. I recently heard those words and I just cut old girl off. Women complain they cant find a decent man. They find one and its not the decent man they are looking for. While this person admits some of her issues are a result of her experiences, it is no cigar for me. She knows Im a great guy but Im just not the one for her. While she wont completely rule me out in the future, according to her words, again it is no cigar for me.

For whatever reason, women or should I say many of them dont know what they exactly want. They have these standards that are so out there to the point where it doesnt even matter how you feel. According to her, she doesnt want to hurt so she just rather back away. Well you know how I feel about that. You back away, im backing away even further. No one is perfect but apparently there are imperfect people more perfect than yours truly. I pay it no never mind. As a guy, we all been there. Which is why many guys just rather play the field, be dogs and stress the objects of their affection out. I cannot be one of those guys. I could, but i have a conscious and that conscious would kick my butt at every whim.

I guess life happens. Move around or be kicked to the ground. I just rather move around. Its much safer and makes way more sense. As for old girl, well I will give her the space she needs. Im not crowding no one or brown nosing. Im too old for that nonsense. Life sucks sometimes where you are the good guy. However, life is too short to wait upon a fickle woman. Hopefully, she will find he right good guy. I doubt it but anything is possible. I guess.

No comments: