Visions of Heaven

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Changing Your Ways

Man... the more I look at myself, the more I dont like myself. Now, I dont suffer from self-esteem issues. However, I know that changing my ways for the better is always best. Mistakes become conscious decisions when you keep doing the same thing over and over and over. Therefore, I know a change must take place. To reflect that change I will focus on this last month of the year on change. Join me, while I do my best to embody that change. The blog will change as well, regarding appearance. So while we go into cocoon mode. Rest assured the blog will be better for it. God does not change, that is why you and I must change to be more like Him. So let it be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many of my friends are changing the appearance of their blogs. I can't wait to see the final result.

However, I'm curious, how do you change? I'm sure what you're unhappy with is habitual, so what do you do to change what has become so natural?

Richard J Wright said...

I have to say that ultimately its a case of delighting yourself in God more. I have many interests and some of those interests are not always godly im sorry to say. If I delight myself in God more and more, then those things that captivate my attention will be appreciated less and less. As far as those things that are naturally speaking, it is a case of warring with them spiritually. You have to become more spiritual when it comes to your life because that is eternal where things that are natural are temporary. Simply put, your focus has to change. When your focus changes, your thoughts change, when your thoughts change, your life changes.

Anonymous said...

While I understand what you're saying I guess I've never held a firm belief in God and that's been one of my struggles.

Richard J Wright said...

A firm belief in God. Why not? God believes in you. Why not believe fully in Him?

Anonymous said...

Well, it is so difficult to believe in something you can't see. And then I find it even more difficult to place my faith in religion. I never had a strong foundation when it came to God and religion. That wasn't something that was taught early on as a child. The most that I've been to church is for weddings and funerals, but never for service. And even as I get pass all of this, I still somehow feel as if I don't deserve God's backing and support.

Richard J Wright said...

I am going to email you, panther.