Visions of Heaven

Saturday, November 21, 2009

This Blogging Thing...


Most blogs suck in my opinion. Im just going to be honest. Why, because many of them lack originality. The best blogs do not have the bells and whistles of popular blogs. People write what they are able to relate to and that's cool. However, when you see what is being offered to people, its enough to make you yawn. Take your fashion, sex, entertainment blogs for example. There are hundreds of them. Many of them have the same posts. I wonder do any of these writers know that people are lifting their stuff. Perhaps its by permission. Yet, I am willing to bet that many of them are not given permission. As a writer that is taboo. You dont steal creativity. The idea is to enhance your own craft. Most of what I see is overrated opinions. Take African American writers in todays world. Now I have to perfectly honest. Most of what is being offered in bookstores is straight up garbage. The stories have no substance and offer no real insight in life. Infidelity and criminality seem to be what publishing houses are pushing. Many writers published under pen names, because they probably dont want to embarrass their families. While I think Black authors should be supported, especially those who are independent. I just wonder are we really offering anything worthwhile. The internet has made new media a viable and lucrative way to make a living, our stories are not reaching new heights. Like Hip Hop originally intended, creativity was the sign of going to those new heights. Now, their is no original thought or substance. Give a reader or listener something to think about. Go to the bookstore and comb through the books and CD section. Do you see anything that is new that inspires? Hardly. As a blogger, I want hundreds of followers, yet not a the expense that I wont offer something besides gossip or a number of sex positions to make you a champion lover. Cosmopolitan thinks these bloggers go way too far. Its just my opinion. I dont expect you to agree, especially in regards to this blogging thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah, is it bad that I wanted to write something exactly like this? *chuckles*

I agree. So many blogs are just blah. I enjoy reading a good blog and I keep up with quite a few, but once they hit the boring or repetitive stage I quickly hit delete and move on to the next one.

Also, I want to make sure that I continue to write for me. I feel that when I start to think too much about the audience I lose focus on who I really should be writing for ... and that's myself.

Richard J Wright said...

"Also, I want to make sure that I continue to write for me. I feel that when I start to think too much about the audience I lose focus on who I really should be writing for ... and that's myself".

Spoken like a true writer.