Visions of Heaven

Friday, November 20, 2009

No Guarantee



There's no guarantee
that I will love you forever.
No guarantee
that I will stick around.
I have found something about me
makes me leave
makes me decieve
makes me grieve.
Hearts are made to be broken,
with words unspoken.
Silence is golden.
Yet, solitude is platinum.
I know not what I want
'till I get it.
Then I just want to forget it.
Later on perhaps I'll regret it.
I know I shouldn't have said it.
Now I guess I gotta dead it.
Destiny I've met it.
Still there's no guarantee.
I cant pretend to be
something out of a harlaquin novel,
for life is something more surreal.
So many brothers have been there.
You may not care,
you may think its not fair,
I rather let you be free,
cause with me...
There's no guarantee.


Richard J Wright (2007)

Taken for the upcoming 2010 release Anthology: The Secret Lives of Richard J Wright

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like. It makes me a little sad, but still I like it.

Richard J Wright said...

Well. Its a poem taken from 07. Strange how life turns. I honestly believe there are no guarantees. You remember the time when you fell in love with someone that same someone looked you in the eyes and felt the same way. Yet, with the passing of time, that love was lost. This was written from that perspective. It is sad. Yet, it is a reality. A man or woman should be so scared to not have the one they love that all of their actions will be at a high level of integrity. This way you are not relying on them but the God that created them.

Anonymous said...

Well, I do understand that there is no promise of tomorrow and with that comes no promise that a relationship will last the test of time. However, I looked at this as someone deliberately saying they couldn't put up with it ... so in time they'll leave. I think that's different.

Richard J Wright said...

ah good perception grasshopper.
you got it.
that is the thing about poetry, its like a painting, you can see layers in it if you look closely.
Now the reason i say that is because when i wrote this piece, i was in a state of being hurt. So i decided that i was not going to be hurt anymore. Yet, my heart laughed at me because it knew that I would love again freely.