Visions of Heaven

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Its been interesting... of late.


You know, its been a minute since I last posted something. A number of things have taken place and it just wouldn't be right if I just let them pass by.

1) The Earthquake in Haiti
All I can say is oh my God. 7.0 on the richter scale. Thousands dead. Thousands unaccounted for. Thousands trapped. Lives permanently changed. Lets pray for the people of Haiti and support them with our wallets as well as our concerns. Above all, be thankful for your life because this is just one reminder of how blessed we really are.

2) Teddy Pendergrass passes away.
All I can say is he will be missed. Thank God for the recording technology. We have a catalog of music we can dance to, romance to, and think about. From his stint with Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes to his solo material. A real singer with real songs. God bless him and his family.

3) Pat Robertson's ill timely statements.
All I can say is Pat, you are out of line. Repent. You think destruction of a country warrants a statement about Satanic influence? Really, if Haiti is guilty of that, then the United States is going to really be hit hard. I could say more, but I have kind of calm down from the time I first heard about the statement he made. So its a moot point to really deal with it. He just needs to apologize and not be so rash to point out what He thinks God did with the people of Haiti.

4) NFL playoffs have started. Yep. Congrats to the Saints. They did dat. Congrats to Indy. Two more games on Sunday.

I have slipped in my consecration or should I say lack of it. Hopefully, I can begin anew and not beat myself up about it.

Other than that. Man. A lot is going on in the world.
Be blessed and stay focused.
Remember Haiti.
Please remember Haiti.
Our people need us over there.
Humanity stand up!

No comments: