Visions of Heaven

Monday, January 25, 2010

Set back the Clock


As I gaze at the calendar on my wall.
I think to myself.
This thing is old.
Yet, it has set there for past month or so.
2009 has gone and this calendar has got to go.
Yet, for some reason
I wish I could set back the clock.
Go back far enough to reverse the tick tocks.
I'd go back to the day she left.
I'd go back to the day I regret.
I'd go back to the day I lost my way.
I'd go back to the day I lost my pay.
It makes no sense to wish I could rewind.
I just dont want to cry in those times.
I just wanna undo whats been done.
Then I think about the days I won.
So since I dont wanna redo that time.
Why waste a time machine trip that might make me blind.
I couldnt see what the pain would do for me.
How it made me forgive
and how it made me live.


Richard J Wright (2010)

No comments: