Visions of Heaven

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The misunderstandings of dating.


You know being a single 42 year old man isnt all peaches and cream. If you date someone your age, you understand that generally speaking you are going to deal with some issues with the people you date. Case in point.

I have been dating this lady since last September. We have great conversations. We generally enjoy each others company until this past Friday night. I got off early, so I figured we would do an early date. Truth is, I had other things to do later. Now we went to the movies and to dinner. Nothing fancy. Im a single father, so whatever I spend takes away from other things. I'm not a baller, so I have to count every dime. Basically, i spend about 45 dollars. Not bad. Yet the next day, she asks if we are going to Ryans. I made the mistake and told her that I just spend 45 last night and I didnt have it like that. Well, girlfriend goes off. She says thanks for making her feel like crap. She then says we should went to Red Box and got a pizza. Eleven bucks. Now, mind you I wasnt tripping about the money. However, if you are asking if we are going somewhere and we just went out last night and you (Im assuming at this point.. not going to pay) what am I supposed to say? She then tells me that I should have said in response to her question "we are if you are paying". Not a bad response. However, a better one would be "hey lets go to Ryans, Im treating." Then she lectures me about me not saying those same words to another person im dating. Then she offers to give me 22.50 cent for the date. Me being me, I told her it wasnt about the money. Yet, it then pissed me off and if she didnt stay so far from me, I might have been tempted to go and get the money. Well, needless to say things with her are jacked up and probably will be permanently. I dont know. I did call her and she really didnt have anything to say. I probably chose a poor use of words but it was real as real could be. I learned a valuable lesson. Never tell a women what you spend on them. lol Its a shame because I really like her. I guess I blew it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I ask you something? Well, I'm going to ask you it anyway. *chuckles* Has she ever paid for a date? I don't mean dutch; I mean pay for everything, including tip.

I'm sorry, but this woman, especially if she's around your age, should know better. We are in a recession. Sure, the news is saying we've made it through the tough parts, but every American is still out here struggling. If she knows like I know then she'll put up, especially if she wants to constantly go out.

I think that was so tacky on her end. If I'm offering then I'm paying. If I didn't offer I'd at least cover the charge for the movies if we went to a movie and to dinner. Pfft.

Anna Renee said...

Brother, that woman likes you!! She just wants your comp'ny! You was over focused on the amount of money you spent (with very good reason)although you say you're not, while she was focused on being in your good company! Y'all need to get one of those take n bake pizzas, which are huge for $12and a bottle of $5 wine or some sodas and get back in each others company!! Just apologize to her and tell her you're just trying to be cautious as a single father!! She'll understand! Don't worry, you didn't blow it unless you're too proud to apologize! Peace!