Visions of Heaven

Saturday, January 23, 2010

To My Baby Momma


Its been a while since I seen you.
I hope that life is good now for you.
I wish things didn't turn out the way the did.
God, you daughter is an awesome kid.

You left her with a gaping wound in her heart.
I beat myself up over the part,
I played in leaving you in the streets.
Yet, the streets is where you and I did meet.

I tried to love you,
but you kept pushing me away.
There really isnt much that I can say.
I rather have peace than arguements and fights.
At the time neither one of us was right.

You daughter misses you.
I confess that I miss you too.
Not for me, but just for her.
The streets is what you preferred.

Just other day, she showed me the only picture of all of us.
On the back it said "my dream family"
the whole scene just killed me.
I dropped so many tears in that moment.
I could have filled the grand canyon and I had to own it.
Because you are not here to see,
what you being away has done to she.

Love is pain is what she said.
You love somebody, they hurt you.
Its all in her head.
What words can I say.
I just told her baby,
"It'll be okay".

Yet in the seven years you havent been around.
I find myself crying and always down.
I cant find a woman to take your place.
You will always be mommy.
To look for another would be waste.

All we have is memories.
Heartache and sympathy.
She's so beautiful I must say.
I see her in you every single day.

*tears*

Richard J Wright (2010)

1 comment:

TBOO said...

I read this and my heart cried out for your baby and then I thought about you and I wondered.... We sometime long for that that we gave up or what gave up on us. I Pray that you and your baby totally heal from this. Our father knows the hurt and pain that we go through and he is there to comfort us! Keep being the best father that you can be and expose your baby to women of virtue and women who are loving. And you do the same!!!!!!