Visions of Heaven

Monday, January 4, 2010

Misery Loves Company

Recently, I talked with a good friend of mine and she was despressed about the clock turning into a new year and she was still alone. Her trouble isn't her looks. Her trouble isn't her desire. Her trouble lies with her persona. She isn't really sure what she looking for. When a person doesn't know what they are looking for, its a sign that they have not found what they're looking for in themselves. My advice to her to work on herself. Yet, it has fallen on deaf ears. She is one these sisters who thinks she should be able to get a man in her present state. She works hard for a living. She doens't want a man to take care of her children. She does that well for herself. Yet, she is still manless. Sometimes you have to look at yourself and your standards to see if they are reasonable and realistic. Yet, as I stated earlier. She really doesn't know what she wants. She just wants love. Nothing wrong with wanting love but the package in which the love comes in may be questionable at best. She even told me that as a person who is single, I possibly cannot like being single. I dont. She's right. Except, I understand somethings that I need to do personally in order to really be ready for a relationship. I think sometimes if we are alone for an extended period of time, we can become despondent about our situation. I wont visit despair with her. Hey, it sucks being single at times. Then I realize that maybe I need to do somethings. Discover some new tactics or interests to boost my stock. I told her basically to work on herself on some more. If nothing else, find interests that will fulfill that gulf that lies in her socially and emotionally. Misery loves company and in this new year. I am not going to fall for that okey doke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. It is similiar to the people who complain that there are no good men or all women are bitter. If you're facing the same situation and your results aren't changing then you ultimately are not doing something right. Sometimes if you change your outlook you're able to change your circumstances, which will change your fate.

Tina Boo said...

Oh my, I hope that wasn't me!!!lol