Visions of Heaven

Friday, December 25, 2009

These Tears


In my life I have seen the obscene,
played out in on the big screen,
in and out of consciousness I day dream.
What's man to do,
when he feels alone?
Does he pick up the phone
and call a friend?
Who's in just as much pain,
body wrecked by sin?
I hide my emotions in the rain.
For what do I gain,
when I go against the grain?
My heart maintains it wants to be in love,
but my mind is a bully when it shoves,
all foolish ideas aside.
I rather kill my pride
than to know my life lied.
So I sit aside the road
and admire the parade and charades,
of what love became lost and what hate made.
I rather ride in a Cadillac Escalade,
on the seawall,
and ignore it all.
Allowing Bach to sooth my soul,
pursue my goals,
and play my roles.
While these tears fall.
Roll like a ball
to a slow crawl.
Ignoring the faces,
oblivious to the places.
For my mind runs like the wind,
and swims viciously like a shark fin.
Yet, still the whole time.
I unwind while I climb
Everest for the umpteenth time.
Yet in the valley,
I quietly move along.
Remain silent and calm.
While I wipe these tears,
from my childhood years.

Richard J Wright (2008)

No comments: