Visions of Heaven

Monday, December 7, 2009

When You Cant Reach Yesterday


Yesterday is calling,
but Im stalling for time.
Knowing no matter how I feel,
I cannot rewind.
To the days of sweet love making,
bed breaking and sheet shaking.
It all left me with a heart aching.


Still, yesterday is calling.
Dare i pick up the phone,
knowing even now I am so alone.
Its like a ghost scratching at my jones.
To hear her call my name,
wash me in ectasy,
pouring lighter fluid on the flame.

Yet, I cannot not answer such a call.
For such a call does not make me whole,
It can only cause me to fall.
Back in love, back in lust,
back in pain, back in trust.
Oh, this old foolish heart of mine,
So eager to press rewind.

Yet, it is a path I cannot go.
No matter how much she tries to show.
That she still cares,
That she still is aware that I love her.
Instead I hold onto the only place i can hide.
My misguided and foolish pride.
It is the only place where the skies are not gray.
It is the only place to go,
when you cant reach yesterday.

Richard J Wright (2009)

No comments: